"I have wept in the night, for the shortness of sight, that to someone's need made me blind.
But I never have yet, felt a tinge of regret, for being a little too kind."

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas :)

This Christmas went by way too fast!  Even though it was only us single kids this year it was still a blast and I didn't want it to be over. We cooked a tons of food and had a lot of fun finishing and wrapping gifts (last gift was wrapped around 5 pm Christmas day) We opened presents around 6 pm. Typical Christmas for us Saunders :)

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! Seriously, the spirit that surrounds this time of year is so wonderful, peaceful and good! I have decided that I love listening to the Mo Tab Choir sing any and all Christmas songs, especially Still, Still, Still. It is one of my favorites.



Also I am inserting pictures of some of the food that we made. We had tons of fun. :) I love cooking!!

Teddy Bears!


Isn't he so cute and chubby?? :)


Swedish Tea Roll.


Turnovers for Christmas breakfast.


With Alena..


then Brenda...

Hmm...looks like I was the one doing all the cooking...Brenda? Alena? what do you have to say for yourselves?? :) Really though, B helped a lot and of course Mom was helping also.  Too many cooks = WAY Too much good food.

Every year we take a photo on the stairs before we can go up and open our presents. When we were younger we would sit on the stairs waiting and Dad would be upstairs pretending to play with all of our toys that Santa had brought. Saying how cool and fun they all were and that we couldn't come up til he had played with all of them. :) He even added the sound effects and we kids we get even more inpatient to be up there with him playing. :) I love that memory.



Basically being with family is wonderful and I am so grateful for each and every member of my family. I am so glad for the time that I have gotten to spend with so many of them lately. Especially with how spread apart we are all getting. I love my family and am glad that we will all be together eternally.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I ALWAYS comment. :)
    BUT, I love Still, Still, Still! And Mo Tab, but that is a given.
    And I love the stair picture. My family does/did that. It didn't happen this year, but every other year!

    ReplyDelete